- NICE Issues Medtech Innovation Briefing on Plasma EGFR Mutation Tests for Adults with Locally Advanced or Metastatic NSCLC
- RET Driven Cancers
- FDA Broadens Afatinib Indication to Previously Untreated, Metastatic NSCLC with Other Non-resistant EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Olaparib for Germline BRCA-Mutated Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chromosomal Instability in Cancer
- FDA Approves Denosumab for the Prevention of Skeletal-Related Events in Patients with Multiple Myeloma
Maha Hussain, MD, FACP, FASCO, is the Cis Maisel Professor of Oncology, Professor of Medicine and Urology, Associate Director for Clinical Research, and Co-Leader of the Prostate Cancer Program at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, US. Dr Hussain is an internationally renowned clinical researcher and expert in prostate and bladder cancers. Her research is focused on the development of novel therapeutics integrating scientific advances into clinical trials. At the national level Dr Hussain has served in a variety of scientific and leadership roles including Co-Chair for the Prostate Cancer subcommittee of the Southwest Oncology (SWOG) Genitourinary (GU) committee, member and 2013 chair of the Integration Panel of US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command Prostate Cancer Research Program. She is a National Cancer Institute (NCI) consultant and has served as member of the NCI-Cancer Biomarker Study Section and the NCI’s prostate cancer task force. Dr Hussain is a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) consultant and has served as a member and the Chair for the FDA Oncology Drug Advisory Committee (ODAC). She serves and has served in a variety of roles at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) including Chair for the 2014 ASCO-GU Symposium Steering Committee. The author of more than 205 scholarly articles and book chapters Dr Hussain serves on the editorial boards for several national and international specialty publications.