- Breast cancer patients use Twitter as a non-medical forum to share their experiences [ESMO Press Release]
- Resistance to CAR T Cell Therapy
- Neoadjuvant Immune Checkpoint Blockade in Melanoma
- Trust in non-conventional therapies by cancer patients not matched with proper awareness about their risks [ESMO 2018 Press Release]
- Targeted drugs for advanced cancer move from specialist units to community setting [ESMO 2018 Press Release]
- Promise of Real World Data Through a Learning Healthcare System
Maha Hussain, MD, FACP, FASCO, is the Cis Maisel Professor of Oncology, Professor of Medicine and Urology, Associate Director for Clinical Research, and Co-Leader of the Prostate Cancer Program at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, US. Dr Hussain is an internationally renowned clinical researcher and expert in prostate and bladder cancers. Her research is focused on the development of novel therapeutics integrating scientific advances into clinical trials. At the national level Dr Hussain has served in a variety of scientific and leadership roles including Co-Chair for the Prostate Cancer subcommittee of the Southwest Oncology (SWOG) Genitourinary (GU) committee, member and 2013 chair of the Integration Panel of US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command Prostate Cancer Research Program. She is a National Cancer Institute (NCI) consultant and has served as member of the NCI-Cancer Biomarker Study Section and the NCI’s prostate cancer task force. Dr Hussain is a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) consultant and has served as a member and the Chair for the FDA Oncology Drug Advisory Committee (ODAC). She serves and has served in a variety of roles at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) including Chair for the 2014 ASCO-GU Symposium Steering Committee. The author of more than 205 scholarly articles and book chapters Dr Hussain serves on the editorial boards for several national and international specialty publications.