Playlist:9th European Breast Cancer Conference :
- Martine Piccart (Belgium) discusses the late breaking abstract presented on 19 March at EBCC9 in Glasgow and the encouraging overall results from the BOLERO-2 trial.
- Christos Sotiriou (Belgium) presented the keynote symposium on the landscape of genomic alterations and asked how does genomic segmentation address medical needs? The advent of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies has rapidly provided a huge amount of data that is revolutionizing the way breast and other cancers are perceived. In the last few years, what are the common messages being reported on by the largest breast cancer datasets?
- Harry Bartelink (Netherlands) is a radiation oncologist and professor in clinical experimental radiotherapy. He received the European Breast Cancer Science Award and delivered the Emmanuel van der Schueren Lecture on the topic of Striving for the Optimum.
- EBCC9 Manifesto session: Optimal Pathology should be available in a timely manner to every breast cancer patient. Chair Alberto Costa (Italy) dicusses the importance of pathology as part of the standard treatment and care of a breast cancer patient.
- Peter Dubsky (Austria)'s Proffered paper session Today's Practice Changing Abstracts covered various oral presentations that could change your practice today
- And finally…
- Watch other video highlights from EBCC9
- ECC2013 Interview with 2012-2013 ECCO President, Cornelis van de Velde
- ECC2013 Interview with Co-Scientific Chair, Cora Sternberg
- ECC2013 Interview with Past President of ECCO and onsite newspaper Editor Oncopost Oncopeople
- ECC2013 Day 1: Roundtable with Hans Gelderblom, Peter Naredi and Anne Lise Borresen-Dale
- ECC2013 Day 2: Roundtable with Gordon Rustin and Bengt Glimelius
- ECC2013 Day 3: Roundtable with Michael Baumann, Alexander Eggermont and Ahmad Awada